Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Denver to MInneapolis complete

 If there is interest, here is the Garmin track of our last day -  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/508736959

I am still getting up early, even when I should sleep late and recover. This gives me the time to make a fresh-ended post on this blog about this journey. My first point is to thank all the readers who kept sending positive vibes.

Yesterday, we woke with no intention of finishing the ride today. Over 130 miles was a little more than the worn bodies could handle.  We woke at 7:00 AM, and it was wet outside.  It looked like the rain was on and off all day.  At this time, wind and weather no longer impacted us mentally.

NOW THIS IS FUNNY!  Late in the ride, I had told Jordan this was a slice of heaven (the nice trail outside before Faribault) and to cross our fingers.  We tried, but we could not cross our fingers.  Our fingers were in so much pain and fatigue we could not cross them!

Today is a pleasant yet sad day for me.  This time was precious, and it will be a parent-child adventure most will not have in a lifetime or take the time to get.  I am so proud of my son and all he has accomplished.  Even though we complained and yelled at each other throughout the trip, I would not give it up for anything. We should head back to Colorado since we have time.

No comments: