Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Dared to ride

Once again, I slept poorly until 5 AM and then solidly until 10 AM.  I just don't get it.  It seems so odd! 

I haven't completed laundry for almost two weeks, and that could not be delayed any longer.  As I started the five loads of laundry, I ran my mother's budget numbers and updated her finances.  Afterward, lawn work and watering were required since it's been very dry.  Due to the unique shape of the yard, about half has to be hand-watered, and it takes an hour.

Once that was completed, I decided to bake some pretzel buns and bites.  Since I retired, I have been trying to improve my pretzel baking, but I only started baking something from scratch.  This batch turned out better than expected!  Maybe I am getting the recipe down?


I did get out for an outdoor bicycle ride.  I have not ridden outside since Shelley broke her ankle.  I was concerned she might need help, and if I had a flat or a breakdown, she could not come to get me.  The was was refreshing, yet my heart rate was high for the exertion level.  I did not have heavy breathing, yet the average heart rate was 121 BPM.  Based on my sleep number bed, my resting heart rate is 55 BPM and an HRV of 153.  

 

My ride data from Strava 

No comments: