Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Busy is nice

The past week was filled. Beyond caring for Shelley and my mom as needed, I had lunch with two past co-workers on the 25th. We went to Perk-Up Kitchen in Bloomington. I rode my bicycle to the restaurant and was happy to complete the 30-mile ride. This was my second visit, and I enjoyed the meal fully. I had the Chicken Pot Pie and then the BLAT Wrap. The prices are a little more, at $15-$18, but the food is well worth it!

Shelley had her surgery follow-up, and things are healing well.  She is walking with crutches and a boot.  She has completed one physical therapy session in which she focused on stairs.  She is happy she does not need to crawl up or slide down on the backside.  Her mobility is getting better quickly.

On the 28th, we took our mother to Applewood Orchard. She really seemed to enjoy the outing. However, when I saw her on the 30th, she had no clue we went to the orchard.  I had ridden the 34-mile round trip to visit her.  It was sweltering and windy, so it was a hard ride!

Today, since Shelley is doing better, I was able to take some photos.  The birds are migrating, and I thought there may be a great opportunity.  Images are below:











No comments: