Friday, September 20, 2024

Another Busy Day

I was up a few times throughout the night checking on Shelley.  I did feel better today, so I did sneak in a 12-mile bike ride.  Sure feels good to get out there.  Since Shelley could not care for the landscaping, I spent three hours watering, pulling weeds, and harvesting the garden.  It needs to be done every 3-4 days.  She enjoys it, so we have large flower beds and a sizable vegetable garden area.  It is a pain if you do not want it, like me!

Last month, I had my Bionx D500 wheel rebuilt.  When I got it back, the torque sensor was not working.  Since the bike has 15,000 miles on it, I thought maybe it was at the end of its life.  My thoughts kept going to the shop for several weeks; perhaps the sensor was installed incorrectly.  So, even though the company dissolved in 2019, I found a forum that suggested the bike shop may have erred.  So today I spend a few hours trying to fix the sensor, and I was successful!!!   This is my favorite bike, and I was thrilled, yet I could not ride as Shelley needed me to be available, and if I had trouble, she could not rescue me.


As it was my birthday yesterday, only Shelley's daughter and two past work friends, Topher and Shelley, remembered.  Today, my son called at 6:00 PM to say happy birthday.  I did an abysmal job raising him to remember to celebrate events and dates in his life.  There is nothing I can do about that now.

We watched the Nebraska vs. Illinois football game, and it was a heartbreaker for Cornhusker fans (AKA Shelley).  I got 6 hours of sleep last night, which was needed!  Shelley can regain some independence in one week, and I can return to being retired!

No comments: