Thursday, September 19, 2024

62...

Well, I made it.  Today was my 62nd birthday.  I tell people I celebrate for only 60 seconds (1 minute), then it is on to 63.  Surprisingly, many people did not get the play on words.  I am officially qualified for senior discounts in many places.  The one I look most forward to is the lifetime National Parks Pass.  It is typically $80 for the annual pass, but once I reach 62, the $80 is a lifetime pass. 

I woke up with pain in my right foot, which has remained an issue for the past week.  I am unsure what may be the cause, but I narrow it down to tendonitis as it comes and goes.  Then again, it almost feels like the Jones Fracture I had about 20 years ago, but the pain comes and goes.  It did start after a hard elliptical workout in new shoes.  

Shelley wanted to take me to lunch, but my stomach could not cooperate.  Later in the day, I was informed my mother had crapped herself badly and had feces on the floor in her deb, and the bathroom was a mess.  In case you were not aware, we moved my mother to an elderly facility last month, as after my dad passed 18 months ago, she was unable to stay on the farm like she desired.  She needs some level of care!  

Therefore, most of the afternoon was spent cleaning up the MESS!  After getting Mom settled, I felt better and decided my birthday dinner would be Prime Rib from the Mason Jar, a local restaurant.  I have always seen the advertisements for the Thursday special (the only night they have Prime Rib) and wanted to try it.  It was below average.  Very tough, and some chewing gum would have been easier to eat.  You will never know if it is good if you do not try it.  This is my first disappointment with the Mason Jar.  There are so many exceptional dishes to enjoy.

I am exhausted after helping my mother settle and caring for Shelley full-time!  Sleep is not great either, as Shelley may need me in the middle of the night.  There is no choice but to hang in there!

Carry on, my friends, carry on.

No comments: