Sunday, September 22, 2024

Voles?

Last night, even though I slept with the window open below 60 degrees, I woke soaked with sweat.  I needed that to shake off the ill feeling I had been experiencing.  I typically sweat more when I am sick.  I was up at 7:15 AM to help Shelley.  It was laundry day, and she needed the sheets and other items washed.  So once that was started, I made breakfast and did three hours of yard work before resting and watching football.  

We have a neighbor who does nothing for the lawn, and we are constantly fighting all kinds of invasives and critters.  The voles are coming from their yard with a vengeance.  Shelley will not let me poison any critter, including mice (but she will trap and kill mice), so I need to look for options.  

I tried MoleMax, and it appears to have minimal impact.  I also purchased solar vibrating spikes.  The vibration spikes helped a few years ago, but the old ones quit working.  I installed new spikes today and will wait to gauge the results.  If there are successful options anyone would share, please do!

I got out on the bike for a 4.7-mile loop in 17:39 and an average heart rate of 134.  I pushed the pace as I knew it would be short ride.  I hesitate to leave unless it is a short time, as Shelley may need assistance.  If I have an issue, she can't get me, and I have to walk. 

My left foot remains very painful, and my right leg feels fatigued, even though I am not working out.  Is compensating for the foot working out the quad causing the pain?  I will use the leg massager tonight and continue to adjust as needed.  As previously stated, I think the foot issue is tendonitis.

Carry on my friends, carry on.


No comments: