Friday, January 25, 2013

WOW

 Wow, on Thursday morning, I woke up so tired! I had slept worse than I can recall in the recent past. I am trying to understand why! I did get to work, but without working out. I decided I would work through lunch again. I am not that eager to work out. I am no longer extremely sore like I have been in the past, but my energy is slightly lower.

On Thursday night, on the way home, I heard on the radio a couple who had made love every day for an entire year. They stated they were much healthier and happier, and the relationship was stronger. That seems really strange! I could give it a try. It was about 10 PM before I could go to bed on Thursday night. It was 12:30 before I fell asleep. Since we had someone stay overnight, I was delegated to the basement. It was freezing and a very uncomfortable place to sleep.


On Friday, I woke up and was as exhausted as I could ever imagine again. I made it to work early and managed to work all day, but I worked through lunch again. This is becoming a destructive pattern. I hate going to work only to leave work further behind than when I started. But then again, it is such a pleasure to have a job. In this economy, many people need a job. I went to bed on Friday night at about 9:30 PM. I am not tired at all, but I need to get some sleep.


BUT AS I CLOSE TONIGHT, I REMEMBER THAT OTHER PEOPLE MATTER. 


We need to take care of the other person to improve our lives. Even if we are having a tough time, somebody always has orders. We are so blessed, and we need to remember that.

It reminds me of a story I once heard…


This is from an old story from the ’30s when an ice cream sundae cost much less. A 10-year-old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in front of him.


“How much is an ice cream sundae?” the little boy asked.


“Fifty cents,” replied the waitress.


The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and studied the coins he had. “Well, how much is a plain dish of ice cream?” he inquired.


More people were waiting for a table, and the waitress grew impatient. “Thirty-five cents,” she brusquely replied.


The little boy again counted his coins. “I’ll have the plain ice cream,” he said.


The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table, and walked away. The boy finished the ice cream, paid the cashier, and left. When the waitress came back, she began to cry. 


As she wiped down the table, two nickels and five pennies were placed neatly beside the empty dish. You see, he couldn’t have the sundae because he had to have enough money to leave her a tip.  


This was a great example of not being selfish!  


Carry on my friends, carry on!


No comments: