Wednesday, May 8, 2024

What a day!

Being retired, I have no schedule—or at least not very often. I do not have alarms and do not need to work to get a workout in!

I felt slightly tired this morning, yet I went to the club. I was unsure how long I would elliptical train? I was watching the Alabama VS LSU softball SEC tournament game, which was going fast.  I started watching at 2.5 innings, and it took 15 minutes to get to the fourth inning.  So I decided to quit the elliptical machine when the game ended or at 60 minutes, whichever came first.  This was my way to justify cutting it short.  

It was 60 minutes and 6.3 miles, as the game went 14 innings and almost an additional three hours since I started! I lifted weights for 45 minutes, returned home to make lunch, and finished watching the last 45 minutes of the game. Wow. What impresses me is that LSU had the same pitcher, Sydney Berzon, for the entire game!  A total of 56 batters, 208 pitches (129 strikes), and allowed only two runs in the first inning and a shutout for the next 13 innings! 

After the game, I decided a bike ride would be a great idea as it was a beautiful day.  I did not know how far I would go, so I started riding.  I did a 20-mile ride, and I felt tired near the end.  As it was nice, I made dinner and ate outside. While eating, I realized the compost pickup was tomorrow, and the lawn needed mowing.  Although Auburn and Georgia were tired in the 2 -2 at the start of the sixth inning.  I wanted to watch, but daylight was diminishing, and the lawn needed mowing.  So I mowed the lawn.  


After mixing the lawn (about an hour), I was surprised that Auburn and Georgia were in the 11th inning - TIED.  Two extra-inning games in one day.  They still had another game to play at 7:00 PM; it was 8:15 PM, and they were awaiting the finish of a game in the 11th inning, a little behind schedule.  So I watched and watched and watched.  Over an hour later, it was an epic finish, with Auburn going up 5-2 at the top of the 14th.  I thought it was over.  Two errors and two home runs later, Georgia had the walk-off win 6-5!


So, the three physical activities today and two marathon 14-inning softball post-season games made me very tired.  

 

Carry on my friends, carry on.

No comments: