Saturday, April 6, 2024

First trip ended

 It was great to be away almost five weeks after retiring.  It was so packed with bike rides, softball, and more.  I attended four University of North Carolina games as they were free.  Duke University charges for weekend games, so I only attended the free weekday game.  I am trying hard to stay under budget for the first few years; it makes the rest much more manageable!  Here are some images of the games.  As you can see, the weather was GREAT!



I completed 22 rides for over 300 miles, much of it on the American Tobacco Trail.  I had to shorten some rides because I babysat my son's dog while they were away.

The drive home was eventful.  About 100 miles away, I experienced rainstorms, high winds, and tornadoes.  It was bipolar weather!  I decided to attempt the whole drive in one day, leaving Cary, NC, at 6:00 AM.  The drive is just under 1,300 miles.  It was about 1:00 AM when I crossed the Minnesota border and decided I needed to sleep.  As I had the car equipped to camp, I stopped at the rest stop and was sound asleep in minutes.  I should have stopped sooner.  If not for the bad weather and minor traffic issues, I would have made it home by 1:00 AM.

I woke at 5:00 AM and headed home.  Just before 7:00 AM, I arrived, and I went to bed!  I only slept until 10 AM, but it was nice to be home.  The rest of the day was spent unpacking and cleaning.  It was a great trip!!!!

So far, retirement is looking GREAT!  Carry on, my friends, Carry on!




No comments: