Thursday, March 21, 2013

IT IS MY HOUSE

A few years ago, with the down economy, I decided to move in with my girlfriend. I pay her rent, which would be a wash in expense if I lived alone. So money for me did not matter. However, over a few years, I lost my identity. I no longer have things from life when my son and I lived alone. Now I have her and her daughter’s memories all over. I have her dishes (never let me unpack), colors, pictures, decor, and everything else. She says she wants me to feel comfortable and make it ours, but when she gets mad, she reminds me,” It’s my house.” She is right. I wonder why I waste my time!

In 2005, this same girl dumped me, and I met a very supportive female. We did not “date,” as I support the one-year rule. She was not self-centered and knew how to make a man feel good about himself. No sex was involved; she was just a woman who was happy with my natural actions and hers. She seemed to know what made me happy, naturally. Little things made a big difference. I lost almost 100 pounds, and life was GREAT! Then the girl who dumped me was dumped, and she came running back. Of course, I made the mistake of going back to her! Since then, her actions have made me feel bad about myself. She is the most difficult person to love! Maybe that is why I do not give up. But I feel like I should…


It is time for soul-searching. This is her place, where I live. It may be time to move on to a new place without her as part of my life. As she is correct, it is “her house,” and I am nothing but a renter. A healthy move may just be getting out of her life and house.


I bet you can tell I am a little miffed! I am beginning to understand why her ex-husband is an ex.


I got to work early today, and it looks like another 60-plus hour week. I hate my job. But as I said yesterday, I like only a little of anything! I want nice weather so I can at least bike. So I have a little thing to hope for as if there was not that little thing; what else is there?  Maybe medicine.  The perfect medicine for this is:



No comments: